Wednesday, February 13, 2008

VisiSoft - Taking software architecture to its roots - Intro II

I (along with may be a million others...) have always looked forward to a day when i would find myself as THE person behind THE most successful/sold/money-spinning software ever designed. For this end I ventured into learning the nuances in the science of computers and software to improve my skill-set. The intention was to get into a firm that could realize this dream for me, and here i am at Prediction Systems which might be one of the potential dream-realizers.

I was a firm believer of the theory that one who comes up with THE ALGORITHM that would save space or would be ‘n’ times faster than the existing best solution is the person who is more likely prone to be successful. Because, I grew up in an environment where in getting a executable code that runs faster than some ‘x’ solution or which requires half the space than some ‘y’ solution would get the best credit (not that i am blaming any of the schools or colleges that i went to, but thats a reality). Now that i am a veteran (really??) of an year or so in the industry, I realize that an executable code is only say 10% of the work done may be less who knows.

In my view, the major factors that effect the success of a software are it's Understandability, Re-usability, and Maintainability not necessarily put in the order of their prominence. I know this is jumping a little too early into unknown waters but...let me try. I would use this space to put these points across to the readers with the help of a development environment. It in fact is about a development environment Visual Software Environment here since referred to as VSE a product of VisiSoft which enables or rather forces these ‘major factors’ to stick together and makes them work together. Do not be under the impression that..the content is gonna be self indulgent. I believe in the philosophy behind the tool and this is my personal endeavour to put it across. I have got selfish motive as well, i wanna judge myself ...(i.e. whether i am biased or am i still the rational me)

I would come back with an introductory post about the tool itself..
refer visisoft.us , if you can wait no further to know about the tool and the philosophy behind it.

Adios
Madhu

No comments: